Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Glutino Gluten Free Cookies


Hi!

When I first began my gluten free (GF) journey one of the things I dreaded the most was giving up the baked goods. I don't have what you would call an over indulgent sweet tooth, but I don't like being limited in my choices of food either. Let's face it, I like to eat what I want when I want to eat it. Well, that is no long an option, now is it? So for my first food related post, let's talk about cookies.

Ah yes, cookies! And what better time to talk about cookies than Girl Scout season. I was so excited when I realized it was February and my favorite little girls in their adorable little uniforms would be selling things like Thin Mints, Samoas and, my favorite, Savannah Smiles. And then reality hit! I would not be having Girl Scout cookies this year and, possibly, ever again!

While perusing the many aisles of my favorite grocery store, Publix, we came across the GF section. If your Publix does not have this I strongly suggest you check a different Publix. I have discovered that not all Publix are created equal. There are approximately 5 within a 5 mile radius from my home and only ONE has a GF section. But in this GF section were Glutino Gluten Free Cookies.

In addition to the chocolate chip there is a generous selection of other flavors. My Publix had the vanilla creme and chocolate vanilla creme cookies AKA Oreos and blonde Oreos. I do plan on trying these in the near future. However, on the Glutino website it shows the other cookie varieties they offer. I am dying to try out the lemon wafers. Mmmmm lemon wafers....

Sorry! Back to the point at hand. The texture and taste of the chocolate chip cookies reminded me of Chips Ahoy! Of course they had that "not made with enriched flour" taste. I'm not sure how else to describe it. It's different, but not in the way it would deter you from these cookies. Another plus, they retail, at my Publix anyway, for $3.69 for 18 cookies! In the world of GF, that's cheap! But they don't taste cheap. They taste delightful. Especially with a glass of milk.


So I ask you, GF readers, have you tried Glutino cookies? Did you enjoy them compared to other brands? I would love to hear what cookies fill your GF heart with joy!

xoxo,
Mary



*Nothing in this post was sponsored or endorsed by Publix or Glutino. Pictures and thoughts are entirely my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment