Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lucy's Cookies

Hi!

Sorry for the hiatus last week, but work was crazy and I needed a bit of a nothing week, if you know what I'm sayin' and I believe you do! So now let's get started!

I need to start out this post by explaining that my husband is the sweetest. First, when I first told him my idea of going gluten free he didn't look at me like I was crazy. Second, he supported me in the best way possible. Not only did he sacrifice his figure by eating all the non-gluten free snacks in the house, but he declared that he too would be going gluten free so as to not have any temptation in the house. Can't get much better than that, right? WRONG!

The company my husband works for has a pretty good gluten free network. I'm sure you're asking, "what does that even mean?" Well, he works in a hotel that offers a lot of gluten free options to their guests such as sacks, dining, etc. So the other day he brought me home one of the snacks the hotel offers and they were MORE COOKIES! Whoever said you will lose a ton of weight on a gluten free diet has not met someone as determined as me to find gluten free baked goods. With that being said, I plan to try them all. Without further ado, here are the cookies he brought home to me.


These are the Lucy's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip cookies. They are also vegan! They do not contain peanuts, tree nuts, milk or eggs. A box of these, which includes ~10 cookies, retails for $9.94 on Amazon. In addition to cookies, the Lucy's brand offers other delicious sweets and links to where you can buy them are here.

Now, what do I think of the cookies. They're ok. As you can see from the picture, my chocolate chip cookies didn't have many chocolate chips and this seems to be the one complaint I saw on Amazon as well. Let's face it, if you're calling them chocolate chip they need to actually have some chocolate chips! Also, I'm not sure if was the flour blend they used, but their after taste was not as favorable as the Glutino cookies I talked about in my previous post. Don't get me wrong, these cookies are better than NO cookies. However, I did prefer the Glutino chocolate chip cookies when it came to taste, texture and price. With that being said, I think the Lucy's brand is an excellent choice for someone with severe food allergies and is better than no cookies at all.

Once again, thank you for reading this post and possibly my blog...all 3 posts! It's a start. Feel free to comment below and let me know how you feel about Lucy's cookies or any other cookies! Is there a product you think I should try and review or even a recipe? I would LOVE to hear from you.

xoxo
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment