Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

GF in Riverside

It's been a minute since I've posted on this page, but work has been busy ya'll!

Speaking of work, Thursday I had to do a class at the Department of Health in downtown Jacksonville.  While looking for lunch options I used my "Find Me GF" App. If you don't have this app, you seriously need to get it. Plus, it's FREE! Amazing Bonus! So with my app we found this GF restaurant in Riverside, a downtown district, called Corner Taco. I think Mexican food can easily be called my favorite. 100% of reviewers in my GF app said it was Celiac friendly and it had a $ for price. Sounds pretty good to me! When we walked in I looked at the menu and NOTHING was labeled GF. "Greeeeaaaat," I thought to myself. "This isn't going to end well." So I asked the lady what on the menu what is GF? "Everything except the croutons on the salad." ....Say what?? I had their fire roasted tomato salsa and two of the carnitas tacos. OMG! It was delicious! Plus, this little meal plus a 15% tip cost me $10 and was more than I could finish so the salsa came home. Also, I am HUGE supporter of the importance of customer service and I have to say, they were on point! Everyone was friendly and as my colleague and I were leaving we exited the restaurant and one of the employees poked his head out the door and told us to have a nice day. Say what?? He literally followed us outside to make sure to tell us to have a nice day. Mind. Blown.

After we finished at the Department of Health we stopped by a local bakery I heard was, again, Celiac friendly called Sweet Theory Baking Co.! It's an adorable bakery in the same neighborhood as Corner Taco. When we pulled up I noticed there was a sign that said "Gluten Free Options." Again, my ever optimistic GF mind thought, "Craaaaaap!" When we walked in they had a FULL CASE of GF items which ranged from cookie sandwiches, brownies and cupcakes. AND their selection changes daily. WHAT?? I am in love!

Sorry for forgetting to take pictures, but my mind was just blown away. Two amazing celiac friendly meals in one day. It was just amazing. Plus, I will be going back and promise to post pictures on my next adventure to this amazing neighborhood. Speaking of Riverside, I'm trying to convince my husband we need to look for houses there. They're amazing and have so much character. Just my style!

Thanks for taking the time to read this quick post. I hope ya'll have an amazing Saturday and I promise to bring you more GF friendly products in the near future. (I'm currently working on a GF skincare post)

xoxo,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment